Follow the link to see our look at what’s happening this week.
- The Super Bowl is only a week away. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. EST on NBC, and there will be plenty of coverage before the game. This year’s Big Game pits the New York Giants against the New England Patriots.
- On Monday, President Barack Obama will hold a Q&A on the Google chat room Hangouts. If you have a question for the president, now is a good time to ask.
- Tuesday will see the next round in the Republican battle for presidential nominee as Florida votes in its primary.
- The new movies opening this week are “The Woman in Black,” a PG-13 thriller starring Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter); “Big Miracle,” PG, starring Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski (of “The Office”); and “Chronicle,” PG-13, a teen superhero movie.
- There also are a few big music releases this week, with new albums Tuesday from Lana Del Rey, Ringo Starr, Leonard Cohen and more.
Video to note
Check out this incredible video – a man was driving his wife to the hospital because she was in labor, but the baby didn’t want to wait and was born in the car. Warning: If you’re squeamish and don’t want to view a newborn, this video isn’t for you.
Gas price update
Prices were stagnant this past week:
- This week: $3.379
- 1 week ago: $3.378
- 1 month ago: $3.231
- 1 year ago: $3.106
- Record high: $4.114
GateHouse News Service