Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres odds, picks and best bets
The Los Angeles Dodgers (7-4) take on the San Diego Padres (7-4) Tuesday night at 9:10 p.m. ET at Petco Park. We analyze the Dodgers-Padres betting odds and lines, with MLB picks and best bets.
The Friars defeated LA 5-4 Monday night behind a steady effort from SP Chris Paddack and the bullpen.
Dodgers at Padres: Projected starting pitchers
RHP Dustin May vs. RHP Dinelson Lamet
May posted a 3.63 ERA in a 34 2/3-inning rookie season a year ago. He has averaged 68 pitches per game in notching a 2.35 ERA through two starts in 2020.
- The 22-year-old has thus far demonstrated a fastball with an average velocity edging toward 98 mph.
Lamet owns a 4.24 ERA through 37 career starts. He's logged a 1.80 ERA through two starts this season.
- Current LA bats own a power-laden .945 OPS against the Padres 28-year-old hurler.
- Lamet is a 2020 breakout candidate who has found some extra juice on his fastball (average speed 97.1 mph compared to 96.1 in 2019).
Dodgers at Padres: Key injuries
( List of injuries around the league)
- RP Joe Kelly (appealing suspension) available
- OF Mookie Betts (finger) questionable
- RP Jose Castillo (back) out
- 1B Eric Hosmer (stomach illness) probable
Dodgers at Padres: Odds, lines, picks and betting tips
Los Angeles (-129) has doubled up foes in scoring thus far, 58-29. The Dodgers' decent .787 OPS is weighed down by some situational and luck factors (a low batting average on balls in play and the same in high-leverage and leadoff situations). Lamet has scuffled against LA in the past. It all spells some value lean on a talented club.
TAKE THE DODGERS -129.
New to sports betting? A winning $10 bet on LA pays out a profit of $7.75.
SS Corey Seager DH'd Monday and figures to be available Tuesday. Look for him to add to this trend: All seven of LA's victories this season have been by multiple runs. The DODGERS -1.5 (+120) is a play worth making on the alternate run line as part of your Tuesday action.
The number here is a respectable one. There is a slight lean on the OVER 8.5 (-110).
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.