All-clear given after smoke detected at Dutchtown Middle School

Staff Report
Ascension Parish Public Schools

The all-clear was given and students and staff returned to class at Dutchtown Middle School after a failing mechanical device caused smoke.

According to an Ascension Parish Schools update, students and staff were evacuated due to smoke being detected in a room the morning of Feb. 28.

Everyone was reported safe and following safety procedures during the fire department's investigation.

Dutchtown Primary School, located nearby, did not evacuate.