Ascension Parish softball players earn academic all-state honors
Ascension Parish softball players not only enjoyed success on the field, but in the classroom as well.
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association named several parish players to its 16th annual Academic All-State Softball Teams for each of the seven classes of competition in the association along with an Academic All-State Composite Team.
The LHSAA’s Scholar Athlete Program is co-sponsored by Chase.
This year, 61 senior softball players who also excelled in the classroom were selected to represent their respective schools on the Composite Team. There was a total of 356 nominees.
In order to be selected to the Academic All-State Team, the student had to be nominated by both her school principal and softball coach and had to have achieved a 7-semester cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 or better based on a 4.0 scale.
Parish students honored to the composite team were:
• Hannah Bergeron, Dutchtown, first base, 4.0 GPA
• Gabrielle Templet, St. Amant, first base, 4.0 GPA
Those selected for honorable mention were:
• Rachel LeCoq, East Ascension, pitcher, 3.8965 GPA
• Justine Tureau, Dutchtown, third base, 3.7173 GPA
• Kelly Luquette, St. Amant, third base, 3.7037 GPA
• Kandace Boudreaux, St. Amant, shortstop, 3.5740 GPA
• Melanie Parker, St. Amant, outfield, 3.7307 GPA
• Faydra Hall, Dutchtown, outfield, 3.6800 GPA
• Morgan Hutchinson, S. Amant, outfield, 3.25 GPA
• Annie Ourso, Ascension Catholic, first base, 3.8775 GPA