Suspect turns himself in to deputies in overnight stabbing

Staff Writer
Gonzales Weekly Citizen
Jesus Monterrossa

Jesus Andrade Monterrossa turned himself into Ascension Parish Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday afternoon, according to Major Kevin Hanna.

In the early morning hours of July 6, Ascension Parish Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 call after receiving reports of a stabbing in Susan’s Place Trailer Park just outside the city limits of Gonzales, according to Major Kevin Hanna.

The preliminary investigation revealed that 24-year-old Hilario Monterrossa had phoned 24-year-old Maria Torres earlier in the night wanting to visit with their seven-month-old son at which time Torres refused Hilario’s request. Torres’ current boyfriend, Jesus Andrade Monterrossa, also engaged in a verbal altercation with Hilario during the phone conversation and told Hilario to come to his home and settle the issue face to face. The investigation further revealed that both, Hilario and Jesus, were intoxicated. Family members confirmed the two are not related even though they carry the same last name.  

A short time later Hilario had his cousin drive him to Torres and Jesus’ home located at 40206 Coontrap Road, Lot 33, Susan’s Place Trailer Park. Once there Hilario, began beating on the doors and windows of the mobile home until they opened the door. Hilario forced his way into the home when a physical altercation took place with Jesus. As a result of the altercation Hilario suffered a fatal stab wound. Jesus then turned on Hilario’s relative and began chasing him through the trailer park with the knife but the relative managed to flee the scene, Major Kevin Hanna said.

When deputies arrived on scene they discovered that Jesus had also fled the scene on foot. With the assistance of Gonzales P. D. a perimeter was established and Elayn Hunt Correctional Center K-9 chase team was dispatched to join the search for Jesus. 

Jesus Monterrossa, 25, was arrested and booked into the Ascension Parish Jail on one count of second-degree murder and one count of attempted second-degree murder.  No bond has been set yet.