Operation 'No Show' continues
Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office Chief Criminal Deputy Tony Bacala reports the Sheriff's Office continues its efforts of deploying extra deputies in the parish to arrest individuals that are failing to appear in court after being arrested on felony criminal charges. The ongoing initiative is called "OPERATION NO SHOW."
Persons who are arrested on criminal charges are entitled to a bond. Upon bonding from jail the individual is given notice to be in court on a specific date. The following individuals ignored their court their date which subsequently lead to a bench warrant being issued by the court for failure to appear in court.
Week of Nov. 19
• Terry Bercegeay, 30, 40248 Black Bayou Road, Gonzales, was arrested and charged with a felony bench warrant (simple burglary).
• Shanna Knox, 22, 126 N. Marchand St., Gonzales, was arrested and charged with a felony bench warrant (aggravated battery) and three misdemeanor bench warrants (shoplifting/contributing to juvenile, simple battery, and disturbing the peace and trespassing).
• Jodie Collins, 36, 1029 5th Street, Gretna, was arrested and charged with a felony bench warrant (felony theft).
• James E. Prines, 53, of 15060 Keri Drive, Prairieville, is wanted on felony bench warrants for failure to appear in court on charges of DWI fourth offense, two counts of hit and run, reckless operation, and driver under suspension. He is also wanted on a second felony bench warrant for public intimidation, careless operation, and DWI fourth offense.
• Samuel Jones, Jr., 53, of of 38234 Mindi Court, Gonzales, is wanted on felony bench warrants for failure to appear two counts of IWC, four counts of felony theft and on misdemeanor bench warrant for identity theft.
• Leonard D. Siders, Jr., 46, of Agnes Marie Road St. Amant, is wanted on a felony bench warrant for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In an effort to reduce these felony bench warrant numbers, each week the Sheriff's Office is airing a photograph and name of a person that has failed to appear in court, Bacala said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office at 225-621-INFO (4636) or Crime Stoppers at 225-344-STOP (7867).