Five arrested in bar shooting
Ascension Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested four alleged motorcycle gang members and another man following a shooting at a bar early Wednesday.
Deputies responded to the shooting in the early morning hours at Fred’s Bar on Hwy. 42, according to Sheriff Jeff Wiley.
Authorities discovered a man identified as Steven Hoff, 31, of 30914 Hwy. 16, Denham Springs, shot multiple times in the bar, the sheriff said.
Investigators were told that Hoff had recently been “kicked out” of the Bandidos motorcylce gang, Wiley said.
Hoff allegedly was in the bar when four member of the gang arrived and a verbal altercation began, according to Wiley.
Hoff reportedly phoned a friend, 39-year-old Brian McDonald, who is not affiliated with a gang, and asked him to come to the bar.
The four gang members allegedly began beating Hoff, at which time McDonald pulled a weapon, Wiley said.
The four gang members reportedly retreated to the outside of the bar, the sheriff said.
One of the gang members, 38-year-old Chester Hunnicut, allegedly retrieved a weapon and gave it to the gang president, 31-year-old Joe “Bandido Joe” Flores, according to Wiley.
The four gang members allegedly returned inside and rushed Hoff and McDonald, the sheriff said.
Joe Flores, Jose Flores, Hunnicutt and Derrick Johnson reportedly beat McDonald to the ground, just before authorities arrived at the scene and took the four gang members into custody, Wiley said.
McDonald was treated at an area hospital for non-life threatening injuries, according to Wiley, and was taken into custody following his release.
Hoff underwent emergency surgery for his gunshot wounds, and was listed in stable condition, Wiley said.
• McDonald, 39, of 15357 Joe Sevario Road Prairieville, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, disturbing the peace, and possession of a firearm on an alcoholic beverage outlet.
• Joe Louis Flores, 31, of 34230 Hocks Cove, Denham Springs, was arrested and charged with attempted second-degree murder, possession of a firearm on alcoholic beverage outlet and second degree battery.
• Jose Felisiano Flores, 31, of 11040 Burgess Avenue, Denham Springs, was arrested and charged with second-degree battery and disturbing the peace.
• Derrick Johnson, 35, of 13458 Prairie Lane, Walker, was arrested and charged with second degree battery and disturbing the peace.
• Hunnicutt, 38, of 44523 Hwy. 42, Prairieville, was arrested and charged with principle to attempted second-degree murder, possession of a firearm on an alcoholic beverage outlet, second degree battery and disturbing the peace.
No charges have been filed on Hoff as of Wednesday afternoon, the sheriff said.
Bonds had not been set for any of the suspects, he added.