Fire extinguisher credited with saving trailer

Staff reports
A fire extinguisher was used to put out a fire at a mobile home Jan. 26.

A homeowner and neighbor used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire and save a mobile home from major damage, St. Amant Fire Chief James E. LeBlanc said.

The 7th Dist and St. Amant Fire Departments were dispatched at 7:13 a.m. Jan. 26 to 13225 Lambert Road for a working structure fire.

“Keeping a fire extinguisher in the kitchen area of your home is very important,” LeBlanc said. “This morning is living proof how important an extinguisher can be.”

The home also had a smoke detector which alerted the homeowner of the fire.

“Remember, preventive steps like this can make a major difference between life and death,” LeBlanc said.