Fire damages P’ville house

Staff reports

PRAIRIEVILLE - A house fire Tuesday night caused about $25,000 in damage to a remodeled home of Hwy. 933, parish firefighters said.

There were no injuries, according to Lt. Ricky Moran Jr. of the 7th District Fire Department.

The fire was caused by an electrical problem and burned the kitchen, Moran said. Heat and smoke damage occurred in the rest of the house.

The owners of the house in Magnolia Run subdivision were not at the house when the blaze started, according to Moran.

The fire started in a kitchen wall around 9:40 p.m., and was put out by firefighters by 10 p.m., Moran said.