By His Grace: God blesses those who submit to His will
“Now yield and submit yourself to Him [agree with God and be conformed to His will] and be at peace; In this way [you will prosper and great] good will come to you.”
The word submit challenges some. I once firmly believed that to be submissive comes with unfair restrictions; seeing that mankind’s definition of the word occasionally came with oppression (unjust treatment or control). It was not until my renewed relationship with Christ and his unfailing love that I discovered what submission meant to Him: freedom.
Submission to God requires our willingness and cooperation in compliance with His divine rule. Simply have total confidence in Him without doubt.
Truly, I tell you our very existence depends upon it, and it's where our peace will be found.
"What if life is more about the path than the plan? The plan is His will; the process is His way. When we walk in His ways, we will always be in His will. We ask God to reveal the concealed part of His will, but God wants us to obey the revealed part of His ways!" -- Tauren Wells
When we hear the word prosperity, immediately what comes to mind is riches and material gain and sometimes little else.
Never limit God’s intent. His prosperity for you and me includes comfort, happiness, health, plenty, protection, success and so much more. His desire is for us to live life, and more abundantly.
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
When in the perfect will of God, you can trust all has been worked out for your good. I recently came across a forgotten written letter of remembrance. It was during a period in my life, when I was struggling with issues beyond my control, I was instructed to write the many blessings he had provided as a remembrance of his faithfulness. Looking back, I could see then and now how prosperous I truly am.
When you and I yield in obedience to the Lord, blessings do flow.
Though not limited only to theses few points of remembrance, allow me to share His word of promise and continue blessings in my life.
- God has blessed me with a clean heart, sound mind and peace. “He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully, he will receive a blessing from the lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.”
- God has blessed me with perfect health. “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.”
- God has blessed my finances. “Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.”
- God has blessed me with innovative ideas and talent. “And I have filled him with the spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship.”
- God has blessed me with family and friends who love me. “But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
You may ask how one begins to receive the benefits of being blessed?
It begins with Jesus. Allow me to extend an invitation to experience His unconditional love for you. There is nothing you must do but receive it. By your own free will you accept Christ as Lord and Savior.
Please repeat this prayer: "Lord, Jesus, forgive me of my sins I committed against you. I believe Jesus died for my sins and has risen again. Please come into my life and heart and lead the way. I confess you as my Lord and Savior from this day forward. In Jesus' name, amen."
Welcome into the family of Christ
Until next week, be blessed and go in peace. Shalom.
Bible references: Job 22:21 AMP (Is. 27:5); Psalm 24:4-5 ESV (Matt. 5:8); 3 John 1:2 NIV (Gen. 1;1); John 10:10 NIV; 1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV (Col. 3:17); 1 Timothy 4:8 (1 Cor.8:8); Proverbs 3:9-10 (Mal. 3:10; Duet. 28:8); Exodus 31:3 ESV (1 Kin. 7:14); Matthew 12:48-50 ESV (John 20:17; Gal. 5:6). To obtain the full benefits of each verse, please read the five verses before and after each verse. Cross references in parentheses ().
-- Edith Nevis can be reached at 857-2200 or at email@example.com.