Highway 30 Coalition launches with news conference in Ascension Parish
The launch was to raise awareness of Hwy. 30 as a major roadway for several parishes as it connects to Interstate 10 and many businesses, including several chemical plants and many in the Tanger Outlet mall area.
Ascension Parish has been the fastest growing parish in Louisiana over the last two decades. In order to accommodate growth, the coalition is looking to expand the highway to four lanes. The highway is currently two lanes.
As a state highway, the coalition seeks to explore and pursue all funding mechanisms.
The coalition is comprised of stakeholders, including local government officials, community leaders, industry representatives, and local business leaders, according to a news release.
“Highway 30 is an anchor in our local, state, and national economies. The current infrastructure of this roadway cannot support the rapid growth of our businesses and industries – if we want to ensure the continued expansion of our economy, we must prioritize this capacity building project. This essential corridor is driving Louisiana’s growth,” stated Anthony Ramirez, spokesperson for the Highway 30 Coalition and President and CEO of the Ascension Chamber of Commerce. “Adding capacity to Highway 30 is a critical investment for Louisiana – one that will not only support a dynamic and rapidly growing workforce, but also generate significant economic benefits for the entire state.”
The coalition supports the following objectives:
- Educate and generate awareness of the importance of Highway 30 to the state’s economy and quality of life.
- Support the promotion and advancement of the Highway 30 project with zero new taxes.
- Explore and pursue all state and federal funding opportunities that expedite the timeline for expansion of roadway capacity by leveraging relationships and forming a unified voice.
- Identify key project milestones to accelerate design, right of way acquisition, construction and permitting processes and engage state and federal agencies in expediting process, along with property owners along the corridor who can help advance the project.
- Track adjacent and related transportation projects in the nearby vicinity that may ease the traffic congestion or provide alternative routes.
- Highlight the project’s goals and outcomes that support the broader regional and statewide economic and mobility goals.