RPCC to offer accelerated training programs
River Parishes Community College (RPCC) is gearing up to offer a variety of cost-effective accelerated workforce training classes including: Electrical, Industrial Carpentry, Instrumentation, Millwright, NCCER Core, Non-Destructive Testing, Pipefitting, and Welding.
These programs will allow students to:
• Attend and complete accelerated workforce training in a shorten flexible class schedule
• Earn credentials and a good paying job in less time than a college degree
• Hire on with a contractors and/or industry and work as a helper on job site $15-$20/hour based on experience and/or certification level completed
• Continuing training with RPCC to finish levels 3 and 4 while working on a job site
• Earn more pay as experience and classroom learning progress
• Low tuition costs: Electrical I - $352, Carpentry Level 1 - $557, Instrumentation Level 1 - $760, Millwright Level I - $385, NCCER Core - $268, Non-Destructive Testing $200 - $500 per module, Pipefitting - $468, and Welding - $750.
Classes begin February 23, 2015 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Wednesday.
For more information or to register for classes please contact or River Parishes Community College –Technical Education Center at 225-675-5397.