Reminder: Monday, Dec. 15, Last Day to Buy Insurance Through healthcare.gov, Have Coverage Starting Jan. 1, 2015
BATON ROUGE – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana reminds you that this Monday, Dec. 15, may be your last day to buy a health plan with Jan 1, 2015 coverage.
While healthcare.gov, the federal health insurance Marketplace, will have open enrollment through Feb. 15, 2015, people who buy health plans either through that site or on their own after this Monday could see their coverage begin Feb. 1 or later in the New Year.
Blue Cross is here to help guide you through purchasing a health insurance plan. We can also help you find out how much you can get to help pay for your insurance.
You have the option to Call, Click or Come In:
· Call 1-800-568-1456
· Click www.bcbsla.com/enroll, where you can use our easy online tool to compare prices and buy a Blue Cross plan
· Come In to your local Blue Cross office any weekday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to speak with an agent. No appointment is necessary, and there is no obligation to buy. There is no charge for this service.
o Alexandria: 4508 Coliseum Blvd., Suite A
o Baton Rouge: 5525 Reitz Ave. (I-10 and Bluebonnet Boulevard)
o Houma: 1437 St. Charles St., Suite 135
o Lafayette: 5501 Johnston Street
o Lake Charles: 219 W. Prien Lake Road
o Monroe: 2360 Tower Dr., Suite 102
o New Orleans (Metairie): 3501 North Causeway Boulevard, Suite 103
o Shreveport: 411 Ashley Ridge Blvd.
You also have the option to shop and buy directly at www.healthcare.gov.
Blue Cross is the only Louisiana company selling insurance through healthcare.gov that is offering plans from all four metal (pricing) levels to residents in all areas of the state.
If you plan to enroll in an insurance plan, you will need to have the following pieces of information ready:
· A personal email address for the person who will be purchasing the insurance policy.
· The Social Security numbers of all members of the family/household who will get coverage through that policy (such as your spouse, children or other dependent relatives).
· If you are applying for help paying for insurance, bring employer and income information for all members of the household who will get coverage through that policy, such as pay stubs and W-2 forms.
· Policy numbers for any health insurance coverage you have already.
For more information about the changes under the Affordable Care Act (healthcare reform law), and who needs to purchase health insurance coverage or pay a penalty, visit the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana healthcare reform site, www.bcbsla.com/reform.