Outdoor calendar for Feb. 24
• East Ascension Sportsman's League Monthly Meeting; Mar. 21st at the American Legion Hall in Gonzales. Meeting starts at 7:00 PM; a special speaker will be on hand and a delicious meal will be served after meeting. Contact Warren Hebert at 225-644-6667 for more info. www.easlonline.org .
• Squirrel & Rabbit Season—Oct 2nd thru Feb 28th; Daily bag limit 8 and possession is 16. Shooting starts ½ hour before sunrise and ½ hour after sunset.
• Bassmaster Classic—Feb 18-20; Weigh-ins at New Orleans Arena and Outdoor Show at Ernest Morial Convention Center. All info on www.Bassmaster.com.
• Pro Bass Challenge—Feb 27 & 28; Pro/Am format with pro-angler and co-angler division. $400 entry for pros & $200 entry for co-anglers. $10,000 1st place for pros and $2,000 for co-angler top prizes based on a full 50 boat field. Log on to www.probasschallenge.com or call (225) 939-7369 for all info.
• Brian Harris Chevy Children’s Hospital Bass Classic—March 5; $250 entry for pick your partner team at Doirion’s Landing in Stephensville. Call Gary Cross @ 225 938-1808 or Brian Rodrigue @ 985 209-0722.
• Louisiana Sportsman’s Show; 32nd Annual Louisiana Sportsmen's Show & Festival will be held at the Lamar-Dixon Expo Center on Friday, March 11th through Sunday, March 13th; admission $8 for adults & $5 for children and military personnel in uniform is free.
• Children’s Miracle Network Bass Classic—Mar 19; Open tournament held out of St James Boat Club. Entry fee $220 for adult team and $145 for one adult and one youth. Contact Danny Fields at 225-765-5951 or www.ololchildrens.com for info.
If you have outdoor events you’d like listed on this calendar, email Lyle Johnson at email@example.com.