August Recycling Road Show set for Saturday
The Ascension Parish Recycling Road Show is scheduled this Saturday, Aug. 7. A recycling vehicle will be stationed in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Prairieville from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
The Recycling Road Show is returning to its regular slot on the first Saturday of the month after an altered schedule in July. The previous recycling event at this location was moved to July 10 so as not to conflict with the Independence Day holiday weekend.
The types of material being accepted include:
• Newspapers and magazines, including catalogs, phone books and paperback books, mail, colored paper and envelopes. Photos and carbon paper are not accepted.
• Milk and juice cartons, but no wax-coated frozen food packaging or take-out food containers.
• Cardboard, including detergent and cereal boxes, 12-pack drink cartons and flattened boxes.
• Aluminum, tin or bimetal cans and metal lids, but no aerosol cans or wire hangers.
• No. 1 or No. 7 plastic containers, but no bags, hangers, caps, lids, six-pack rings or chemical containers.
For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 225-621-5730.