No Shave November - History and Beard Growing Tips
November has arrived, which means one thing; guys are putting down those razors in favor of growing out a beard and mustache.
The term “No-Shave November” was started by a group of Australian men in the late 90’s who decided to grow out their mustaches for charity. In 2004, another group organized a 30-day event where each would grow out their mustaches to raise awareness for prostate cancer and depression in men, which later became known as the Movember Foundation Charity.
The concept began to spread globally, with men not only growing their mustaches but a complete set of facial hair, raising money for various charities and cancer awareness.
Whether it’s for charity, to raise awareness, or just to see how long they can grow a beard, “No-Shave November” is officially on the way. It takes patience to grow a thick, attractive beard, so here are some pointers to keep in mind when embarking on this journey.
1. Be patient! A beard isn’t grown overnight.
2. Just like with everything else, the beard needs to be washed too. Keep it clean by shampooing and conditioning it daily.
3. During the second week the itching will probably drive you crazy. Use lotion to keep it moisturized.
4. Comb it daily to keep from getting knotted. Using beard oil will help to moisturize it, keep it looking groomed, and leave it smelling fresh.
5. Trimming your beard regularly will give it a nice shape and help tame it to keep from looking to rough.