Festival of Friends coming this weekend
St. John Primary and St. Theresa School will hold its annual “Festival of Friends” at 212 East New River St., Gonzales, from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2. There will be a $1,000 raffle drawing on Saturday and Sunday and the tickets are $1 each and may be purchased from any St. John Primary/St. Theresa School student or on the fair grounds during the Fair.
Attractions of the Festival:
Ride Specials throughout the weekend.
Championship Cooks throughout the weekend!
Friday night is Seafood Night - Crawfish Fettuccini, Crawfish Etouffee, Catfish Theresa and Fried Fish.
Saturday and Sunday – Gumbo, Jambalaya, Chicken Spaghetti, Chicken Fingers, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pizza and Funnel Cakes.
Sunday Only – Bar-B-Que Chicken.
• Friday, Sept. 30 – Music by Krossroads, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 1 and Sunday, Oct. 2 – Music by D.J. Wade Lambert and Class Acts performed by students. Saturday Night – LSU game (on big screen TV) Night game only.
• Sunday, Oct. 2 – Music by D.J. Wade Lambert and Class Acts performed by students.
If LSU plays a daytime game – Music Saturday night will be played by The All Star Band featuring Mike Broussard and Jason Adams!
• Country Store – Handcrafted items for all ages and Halloween and Christmas gifts available.
• Games – Warrior Wheel, Darts, Ring A Bat, Football Throw, Toss Ball Roulette, Putt-Putt-Putt Golf, Spin Art, Mini Bingo and Washer Board Game.
• Silent Auction - Beautiful donated items and gift certificates.
• Fun Run - Saturday, Oct. 1, at 8 a.m. (All participants should meet in the parking lot across from the St. Theresa Catholic Church).
• Jambalaya Mini Pot Cooking Contest – Saturday, Oct. 1, from 10 a.m. to noon. (St. John Primary and St. Theresa students only)
Festival Hours: Friday, Sept. 30, from 6-10:30 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 1, from 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 2, from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
This school festival is alcohol free. For more information, call Barbara Melancon at 647-8035.