Ascension Community Theatre auditions for ‘Little Shop of Horrors’
Ascension Community Theatre will hold auditions for Little Shop of Horrors Nov. 20 at 4 p.m.
Kevin White will direct the show, which is set for Feb. 25-28 and March 4-6.
Each person will need to have 16 bars of music prepared and supply their own sheet music. Each audition will not take longer than five minutes. Dress is audition appropriate.
Sides and characters will be given to actors for them to look over and read on Saturday night or possibly Sunday evening.
Little Shop of Horrors is about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood. The music is in the style of early 1960s rock and roll, doo-wop and early Motown.
Songs include several show-stoppers including “Skid Row (Downtown),” “Somewhere That’s Green,” and “Suddenly, Seymour,” as well as the title song.
Auditions are by appointment, call Kevin at 225-953-1209.
Music for characters:
• Seymour – can sing whatever actor has prepared, but should be familiar with “Suddenly Seymour”.
• Audrey - Actor can sing whatever actor has prepared, but should be familiar with “Suddenly Seymour.”
• Audrey II – We would like to hear something with range and be familiar with the beginning of “Supper Time.” Think Isaac Hayes.
• Mr. Mushnik – Actor can sing whatever actor has prepared and be familiar with “Ya Never Know.”
• Ronnettes – We are looking for a big range and a 1950s style “doo wop” sound. But feel free to choose your own music. We will not be looking for any specific types for these roles. Be prepared to sing “Skid Row - Downtown.”
• Orin “The Dentist” – Feel free to sing whatever actor has prepared, but an evil Elvis is what we are looking for. Be familiar with “Dentist!”
• Chorus/Ensemble – Sing whatever you have prepared.
• Audrey II/Puppetry - People needed who can work inside the Audrey II and a hand puppet.
For more information, e-mail Kevin at email@example.com or go to ascensioncommunitytheatre.org/auditions.html.