Cox to add six new HD channels to digital lineup
BATON ROUGE – Cox Communications announced it’s adding six high-definition channels to its lineup, beginning Feb. 3.
New HD channels include FX HD, Cartoon Network HD, Fox News Channel HD, Comedy Central HD, E! HD and Speed Channel HD.
With the added networks Cox will offer HD customers 54 HD channels and an extensive On DEMAND library with no additional programming charge, the largest in Louisiana.
“Cox is pleased to add such a variety of programming to our high-definition lineup,” said Jacqui Vines, senior vice president and region manager. “These channels were added through national agreements. As Cox reaches additional deals, and as programmers have HD content available, we will continue to add more great options.”
In addition to the upcoming channel launches, Cox digital subscribers can access exciting HD channels no extra charge. These include:
• Local stations of major networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX and PBS.
• Local programmers including Pelican and Cox Sports Television (CST).
• Popular cable channels such as Spike, Discovery, History, TLC, Bravo, Animal Planet, Food Network, SciFi, Hallmark, Lifetime, USA, TNT, AMC, National Geographic, Science, Nickelodean and A&E.
• Sports programming from ESPN, ESPN 2, NFL, Golf and Versus.
• Music and entertainment from MTV, VH1, and CMT.
• News channels including CNN and CNBC.
• Premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz and Cinemax. Premium HD channels require a monthly subscription.
With these launches, the On DEMAND library also expands which includes movies and more in its library. Visit channel 1 or 499 for a list of On DEMAND options.