Woman's Hospital events net more than $140,000 for local breast cancer outreach
Woman's Hospital hit a hole-in-one, netting more than $140,000 for breast cancer outreach and education at its 14th annual Pink on the Plaza party and Woman's Victory Open (WVO) golf tournament. The events, held Oct. 14 and 15, support Woman's Mobile Mammography Coach, which provides onsite mammograms to underserved women throughout an 18-parish area. Beverly Choppin chaired the 2012 WVO.
"I would like to express Woman's most sincere gratitude to our sponsors, auction donors, women golfers and the community, who all gave their support to Woman's in our fight against breast cancer," said Lynn Weill, Woman's Vice President, Chief Development Officer. "The funds raised from this event will definitely save lives in our community by increasing access to mammograms and early detection, when cancer is most curable."
Held at the Country Club of Louisiana, the 2012 Woman's Victory Open golf tournament winners include:
- 1st Place Gross – Long Law Firm Team: Debi O'Neal, Gracie Purvis, Anise Valure and Susan Dixon
- 1st Place Net – Cajun Industries Team: Kathy Chenevert, Bobbi Grigsby, Julie Harrison and Diane McGowan
- 2nd Place Net – Morgan Stanley Team: Cole Jennings, Scharla Kaiser, Cindy McGourty and Jean Hebert
- 3rd Place Net – A. Wilbert Son's Team: Alicia Baron, Eva Chaffin, Melissa Gaffney and Heather Landry
- #9 Straightest Drive – Amy Furman
- Pretty In Pink Contest Winners
1. Team Winner – Turner-Fischer Team
2. Individual 1st place – Anise Valure
3. Individual 2nd place – Jean Sharp
WVO celebrations are supported by many businesses, including major sponsors: All Star Automotive Group, Underwriting Sponsor; Capitol One Bank, Long Law Firm, and BancorpSouth Wright & Percy Insurance, Presenting Sponsors; Milton J. Womack, Inc. and Arkel Constructors, Baton Rouge, Pink on the Plaza Sponsors; Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, Pink on the Plaza Presenting Sponsor; Louisiana Lottery, Cart Sponsors; Albemarle Foundation, Raffle Sponsor; Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Tee Marker Sponsor; The Advocate, Media Sponsor; Lee Michael's Fine Jewelry, Awards Sponsor.