St. John Primary and St. Theresa School to hold annual 'Festival of Friends' set Oct.5-7
St. John Primary and St. Theresa School will hold its annual "Festival of Friends" Oct. 5-7, at 212 East New River Street, Gonzales. The festival will feature a $1,000 raffle drawing on Saturday and Sunday with tickets $1 each or 6 for $5. They may be purchased from any St. John Primary/St. Theresa School student or on the fair grounds during the event.
• "Ride Specials" and Championship Cooks throughout the weekend!
• Friday night is Seafood Night: Crawfish Fettucini, Crawfish Etouffee, Catfish Theresa, Fried Fish; also available will be Chicken Fingers, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pizza and Funnel Cakes.
• Saturday and Sunday: Fried Fish, Chicken Fingers, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Jambalaya, Pastalaya Gumbo, Chicken Spaghetti and much more.
• Sunday only: Bar-B-Que Chicken
• Friday, Oct. 5, music by Wade Lambert 6-10 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 6, music by D.J. Wade Lambert - Class acts performed by students and LSU game (on big screen TV) night game only.
• Sunday, Oct. 7, Music by D.J. Wade Lambert- Class acts performed by students.
There will be a "Country Store" throughout the weekend with handcrafted items for all ages. Including Halloween and Christmas gifts.
Games: Warrior Wheel, Darts, Ring A Bat, Football Throw, Go Fish, Putt-Putt, Spin Art, Mini Bingo and Washer Board Game.
Silent Auction - Donated items and gift certificates
Fun Run - Saturday, Oct. 6, at 8 a.m. (All participants should meet in the parking lot across from the St. Theresa Catholic Church).
Jambalaya Mini Pot Cooking Contest – Saturday, Oct. 6, from 10 a.n.-noon. St. John Primary or St. Theresa students and former graduates, 9th-12th grades only.
• Friday, Oct. 5, 6-10:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 6, 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 7, 11a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
The festival is alcohol free.
For more information, call Barbara Melancon at (225) 647-8035